Here at Allied Trenchless, our industry expert technicians receive a lot of questions about our innovative trenchless water main and sewer line repair and replacement solutions. Our knowledgeable and friendly team is always ready to share our expertise, so to give you insight into our professional services, we’ve put together a list of frequently asked questions. We hope our detailed answers give you peace of mind, but if you still have additional questions or you’d like to talk to one of our highly qualified team members, don’t hesitate to reach out.
What is Allied Trenchless?
Since 2009, Allied Trenchless has been a family-owned and ľoperated plumbing company that specializes in state-of-the-art trenchless sewer line and water main repairs and replacements. We are continuously training and learning so we can provide industry-leading trenchless solutions to our Alaskan commercial and municipal customers. Our innovative solutions can bring immediate results to your projects, so rely on Allied Trenchless to always go above and beyond for you.
How are trenchless solutions different from traditional repair and replacement services?
When you think of traditional sewer line and water main repairs or replacements, you probably envision heavy machinery and large crews digging extensive and messy trenches across your property. With trenchless technologies, gaining access to your underground infrastructure is much simpler. Our industry-leading trenchless repair and replacement services can access your water mains and sewer lines through one or two small holes, so all that destructive excavation can be eliminated from your project.
The trenchless repair and replacement solutions we offer can give you several advantages over traditional excavation, including:
- Time efficiency. Because we don’t have to rely on excavation to access your Alaska water mains and sewer lines, your repair and replacement project can be completed in less time. We don’t have to dig trenches through your property or repair any subsequent damage caused by excavation, so your underground pipelines can be quickly restored back to full functionality in a fraction of the time it would take us to complete the project with traditional rehabilitation services.
- Cost effectiveness. There are a lot of associated costs when it comes to excavation. Digging requires large crews, extensive labor, and heavy equipment. Not to mention all the damage that excavation can cause to your parking lots, landscaping, foundations, outdoor spaces, and other property features. The excavation process and repairing any damage it causes can really eat into your budget, but non-disruptive trenchless services can help reduce all those traditional costs.
- Ease. Traditional excavation can close down streets, limit access to businesses, and cause severe delays and headaches for your community. Trenchless repair and replacement solutions can be completed much more efficiently and conveniently that traditional services, so your community’s traffic patterns, routines, and productivity can continue without the frustrating interruption.
- Environmental friendliness. Instead of digging up trenches all across your Alaska commercial or municipal property, trenchless repair and replacement services require just a few small access holes. That lack of digging leaves your soil and any contaminants within it undisturbed. There are also no harsh or potentially dangerous chemicals used in our trenchless services, so your project can be completed safely.
Our industry best practices, modern trenchless technologies, cutting-edge equipment, and extensively trained technicians can bring all the advantages of trenchless water main and sewer line repair and replacement to your project.
You offer trenchless repair and replacement services, but how do I know which one I need?
It can be difficult to pinpoint specific problems within your water mains and sewer lines, and that’s why we strongly suggest you rely on our professional experts and dependable equipment to diagnose your issues. If you are experiencing any symptoms of sewer line or water main damage, call our knowledgeable team right away. Some symptoms to watch out for include:
- Strong odors. Foul sewage smells wafting into Alaskan homes or offices could indicate a blockage in the municipal sewer system. Not only can those odors deteriorate your community’s air quality, that unremoved blockage can lead to more severe system damage down the road.
- Slowly draining water. Water that is constantly draining slowly from area sinks, tubs, showers, and toilets could mean there is a clog, invading tree roots, or some other form of obstruction in your sewer lines or water mains. That damage can continue to worsen over time and lead to higher utility bills, lower water pressure, and even system failure.
- Sewage backups. Raw sewage or stagnant water backing up into homes and businesses can indicate a blocked commercial or municipal sewer line. Those backups can cause expensive damage to floors, walls, appliances, furniture, and other property features.** Additionally, water and sewage backups can expose your community members to mold, mildew, and other potentially harmful substances.
- **Sunken outdoor areas. Low spots in your outdoor areas could indicate a collapsed underground sewer line or water main. Without proper repair, your water or wastewater flow could become completely blocked and backups could begin to impact local homes and businesses.
- Lush green grass. Areas of exceptionally green or thick grass could mean you have a leak in your sewer line. That leak could get much worse if you don’t have it inspected and repaired, leading to reduced sewer system productivity and structural deterioration.
If you notice any of these symptoms, our highly skilled technicians can promptly visit your property to diagnose your problem and determine the most effective repair or replacement service. Of course, if you haven’t noticed any telltale symptoms but your sewer lines or water mains are old, you should also consider having Allied Trenchless come out.
What difference does the age of my pipes matter if I’m not experiencing any problems?
If your water mains and sewer lines are old, it’s just a matter of time before you experience problems. Having us come out to locate potential issues before they develop into major problems can help save you time, money, and hassle in the future.
When we visit your commercial or municipal Alaskan property, we can begin our services with a camera inspection. Our state-of-the-art camera inspections help our qualified technicians accurately locate problems within your pipes. We can send our high-resolution camera into your pipes through a small access hole, and as it carefully snakes through your pipelines, we can watch real-time footage on a monitor at ground level. That footage can show us exact locations of invading tree roots, corrosion, cracks, breaks, blockages, and other damage. It can also help us determine the age, materials, and condition of your pipes.
In Alaska, we tend to see a lot of aging pipes with our camera inspections. Those old pipes tend to be made from materials like lead, galvanized steel, and Orangeburg. These materials deteriorate extensively over time, and if we identify them in our inspections, they’ve likely outlived their useful lives. These old materials are expensive and difficult to replace, and usually, it’s more economical to complete a sewer line or water main replacement in this situation.
Whether your pipes are aging and made from ineffective materials or they are newer and constructed from modern materials, our camera inspections can help us determine the best repair or replacement solutions for your specific needs.
If your inspection determines that my pipes need repair, what kind of repair services do you offer?
We offer a wide range of innovative and affordable trenchless repair solutions, including:
- Cured-in-place pipe services. If your Alaska commercial or municipal pipes have cracks, breaks, blockages, or other damage caused by invading tree roots, infiltration, or exfiltration, our cured-in-place pipe services (CIPP) can help. After we’ve thoroughly inspected and cleaned out your pipes, we can send a saturated pipe liner into your existing pipeline through a small access hole, cure it to the pipeline interior with steam or hot water, and allow the liner to dry. The efficient CIPP process leaves you with a brand new, joint less, durable pipe within the old one.
- LED pipe lining services. If your repair project is more complex, our LED pipe lining services may be a better option. While our traditional CIPP pipe lining services use steam or hot water to cure new liners in place, our LED lining services use a LED light to cure within your small wastewater pipes, sewer laterals, and other compact spaces. For your special circumstances projects, LED lining can be an economical, efficient, and environmentally-friendly service.
- Manhole rehabilitation services. If your Alaska manholes are aging and deteriorating, our professional manhole rehabilitation services can restore them. We can recoat your existing manholes with materials that structurally improve them, extend their useful lives, and improve the integrity of your entire sanitary sewer system. If recoating isn’t the best solution, we can also install saturated liners into your existing sewer lines. Once the liners properly adhere, you are left with seamless and long-lasting pipes that can structurally reinforce the manholes against future infiltration, corrosion, and other damage.
- Slip lining services. An efficient and effective trenchless rehabilitation method to repair leaks and other structural instabilities in your water mains and sewer lines is slip lining. In that process, our talented technicians can push a new pipe through your existing pipeline, grout the space between the two pipes, and seal the ends. The process can restore functionality and durability to your underground infrastructure.
What are your trenchless replacement services?
We also offer several trenchless replacement services, including:
- Directional drilling. Our high quality directional drilling services allow us to install new underground water mains and sewer pipes without causing major disruption to surrounding areas. With our reliable directional drilling equipment, we can drill a small pilot hole along an underground path, pull a new pipeline through the hole, and efficiently build a new pipeline without any extensive excavation.
- Pipe bursting. We can replace your damaged water mains and sewer pipes without having to dig them up. With our innovative pipe bursting services, our skilled technicians can insert a special bursting head with an attached new pipe through a small access hole. We can carefully push the bursting head through the old pipe, and as the head moves, it can break up the existing pipe and send the pieces into your soil. Once the bursting head moves all the way through the pipeline and exits through another small hole, a brand new pipe will be left in its place. Then, we can refill the holes and you can immediately use your new pipeline.
Your trenchless solutions sound great. Does that mean I won’t need any excavation?
In many of our projects, excavation isn’t needed. Sometimes, however, we run into a project where some excavation is inevitable. For example, if the grade is wrong and we have to correct a pipe slope, some digging has to happen. If your project requires traditional excavation to access your water mains or sewer lines, we can carefully dig a strategically placed trench. After we complete your project, we can fill in your dirt and leave your property in the best possible shape we can.
Do you offer emergency plumbing services?
Yes, we do offer 24⁄7 emergency plumbing services. We know that burst pipes, water backups, and other plumbing emergencies don’t always occur during convenient hours. If you experience a plumbing emergency in the middle of the night, during the weekend, or over holiday break, don’t wait to give us a call. At Allied Trenchless, our Alaska technicians are ready to promptly visit your commercial or municipal site to diagnose and repair those urgent issues.
Why is Allied Trenchless the service provider for me?
We are extremely committed to giving all of our Alaska customers honest, upfront, professional service. Every member of our team works hard to provide the most reliable services at the most competitive prices, and we use leading products and durable materials to make sure you get long-lasting solutions to all your water main and sewer line problems. Our expertise, experience, and equipment give us an edge, so let Allied Trenchless bring our premier services to work on your project.
How do I get in touch with Allied Trenchless?
You can learn more about our high quality trenchless repair and replacement solutions by calling our friendly team or by reaching out through our online contact form. Allied Trenchless is here and ready to bring Alaska commercial and municipal projects affordable and effective trenchless repair and replacement services, so get in touch today.